Thursday, March 8, 2012

Survivor: Bum Puzzled

Ask ANYONE what television show you had better NOT call me during? They will say Survivor. From the old days when it would come on Thursdays at 8pm est on CBS to it's Wednesdays at 8pm est now.

I have been complaining on Twitter for at LEAST the last three seasons how much I despise Redemption Island and how the game has gone Soft. Folks given food and supplies and just one challenge/immunity combo. The Russel Hantz leading folks who didn't deserve to win but won because the jury couldn't stand Russell. The Phillip Hot Pink Manties with the serious sag in the butt area.

As a black woman, anything that has black people on it-I check out the type of black people (ie: are they Omarosa Embarrassing or Vecepia representing Proudly types) and Survivor has only disappointed me in that area but that's another post.

I discovered my Get Glue Fam a couple of seasons ago and it's even more fun to whine and complain about folks who have claimed to "watch" Survivor yet play like jackasses.

When I heard about this season going back almost to basics (Redemption Island is gone-HALLELUJAH!!!) but the twists and surprises ie: Find an idol-it doesn't help you because you have to give to a member of the OTHER tribe. Love it.

I saw Colton and said the macho men were going to EAT his flaming ass up. I saw Leif and HOPED he wouldn't be targeted because he was a little person. (Survivor has NEVER been empathetic about "different" people. Ever. Remember the player with the one leg?)

When Sabrina gave him the idol, I breathed a sigh of relief because at LEAST he would have a chance. Then Colton revealed who he REALLY WAS. I began to look for someone else to root for.

Then Bum Puzzled came on last night. I watched with glee that Alicia who keeps an perpetual chip on her shoulder was FINALLY going to (maybe)get voted off. She cost the women the immunity challenge. Then the camera flips to Colton just spewing his hatred of Bill to Bill. He referred to Leif as an Oompa Loompa because Leif -bless his little heart-revealed to Bill that he was next. Now there is a target on Leif. But Colton rallied his tribe under the guise of getting rid of Leif. Going as far as to "suggest" that they give their immunity idol to the women so that they could go into tribal council and vote Leif's betraying ass off. After all, they were about integrity, right?

I have NEVER blogged or had the urge to blog about Survivor. It's a television show. I watch, cheer or get ticked off and keep it moving.

Last night left a nasty taste in my mouth that I cannot seem to shake.

Forget the fact that the rest of the men were too STUPID to have pulled the ULTIMATE BLINDSIDE on Colton. That isn't what pissed me off.

I often discuss on my radio show about racism in the gay community. I can't find courageous gay and or lesbian women who are willing to call to the carpet GLAAD or any of the powerful LGT community about hate within a persecuted people.

GLAAD won't respond because I am not a lesbian, transgendered, transexual or gay. They feel I just have a little opinion about a major dirty secret they don't want REVEALED. They don't other gay and lesbian and transgendered, bi-sexual people to note how when it comes to hate crimes, just like in mainstream media-there is a BLACKOUT. Just like in the entertainment field if the black isn't Twanning out (Gay Samboing)then they aren't worth NOTE.

The heterosexual community seem to me are more outraged at Coltons racist vitriolic comments that he made to a Little Person and a Black Man than the gay community. When asked if he had any black friends, Colton pulled a statement that I NEVER thought I would hear out of ANYONES mouth in MY LIFETIME: "Yeah, my housekeeper."

Now, had Bill spewed anti-homosexual comments towards Colton-the roar of injustice would flow from the gay community. There would be calls for boycotting Survivor and the whole enchilada.

Bill would have had to go to anti gay slur rehab and an apology tour. (See Tracy Morgan, Isaiah Washington)and it STILL would not have been ENOUGH to satisfy them.

Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst is laughing all of the way to new and improved contracts and perks of the Survivor franchise. I WILL say that I know that Jeff did not approve nor agree with what Colton said. I don't hold him accountable because he is a stand up kind of guy. Cocky, but a stand up guy nevertheless.

Like the Tea Party being MUTE over Rush Limbaugh's defamatory ugly comments to Ms Fluke-the gay community has been MUTE over Coltons comments.

I would like to know why.

I would also like to know WHY that gay community isn't calling Colton to the carpet.

No comments: